Thursday 20 November 2008


About Us

I have worked with children, in schools, and for many years within churches, having organised and taken Sunday school and holiday clubs.
I had some particularly interesting times taking teenagers on holiday! I also completed one years teacher training successfully but due to family commitments had to let that go. I am now fortunate enough to have a lovely farmhouse kitchen which is just crying out for young people, and NOVICE adults to come and have FUN learning to cook.
I have arranged the programmes to run over four weeks; they will be three hour sessions (unfortunately schools have very limited time available, whereas I can offer relaxed and fun cookery) Each session will include hygiene, health & safety aspects, background to food and cooking. For younger children there will be related games and quizzes and all sessions will have refreshment breaks.
The courses will be very personal, as there will only be four people at a time, and I shall have at least one more family member on hand to give assistance with hot things, first aid and all the other duties that arise
My sister in particular intends taking over my large greenhouse, and I hope that by 2008 much of the fruit and vegetables that we will be using will be straight from the garden. Potatoes will feature strongly at times too, as my husband is a potato grower.
We have all been CRB checked recently, so we can assure you that your children will be in a safe personal environment. Warning signs will tell you to take care on the farm, as men will be working with TRACTORS and LORRIES, especially when I run weekday or holiday time courses.
JUMP UP AND COOK opens for business for the first time on SATURDAY 14th APRIL, and I invite you to book 5-11 year olds in from 9.30am.to 12.30pm.and 12-16 years plus Novice adults, from 1.30pm.to 4.30pm. In no time at all your family will be enjoying the fruits of good homestyle cooking. If you prefer cordon bleu we’re not for you.

No comments: